
Here is the main market in the big city of Rostock. You can see the cathedral and one of the many statues placed around the city. This is the second biggest city that I served in, and it continues to follow my pattern of being on the Baltic sea. There is a big port in this city and a great beach right outside of the city.

Petri Kirche is the sailors church that has a great view of the whole city. This was a great day because we had walked through the market that was in the last picture and we got mountain peaches that were warm from the market. They were some of the juiciest peaches and it was so delicious. The summer fruit market is a must visit when in germany. And check out all of the great cobblestone roads in this city.

This is the beach part of the area called Warnemuende. There are 3 light houses that you can see from one vantage point and here is just one of them. I got to visit this part of the city three times and it was so beautiful and peaceful everytime. This is also where all of the cruise ships dock that go between Germany, Danemark, and Sweden....Don't worry, we never went to the other countries for a visit.

And here is th main thing that I remember from this city. We lived just around the corner from the Rostock Brewery. And even more we would walk past this everyday on our way to the rented space where we would hold church. This was right in the middle of our walk. The whole town would smell like beer, but you get used to it and it becomes a good smell....I know wierd, but it is true.
After a long six weeks here I got sent to my dream area!
No comments:
Post a Comment